Friday, 13 December 2013

Worried about these PVC's ??

Question I recently found out that I have PVC's in my heartbeat. The doctor said I was fine, but I'm curious if its normal for me to be getting them like 5 to 6 times every minute. I'm a 21 year old girl, 110lbs if it matters. Answer Most people get these at some point. Sometimes I have a month or so between episodes and other times I get times when they are quite frequent. When I am anxious or have had more coffee than usual they can play up a bit. As I just said, anxiety can have an impact. You have recently found out you have PVC's. Because it is to do with the heart you are obviously concerned. When you experience then your anxiety most likely increases and results in more symptoms (your are probably on high alert when it happens). Eventually you will get used to them and almost ignore them (once you realise they are not harming you). Trust me on this because I can almost ignore mine now and I have another heart condition and an anxiety disorder as well. So things that will make them more frequent are: coffee, anxiety, asthma medications, alcohol and recreational drugs, sometimes exercise can do it, chemical imbalances in the body, infection. Obviously they can be related to heart disease and high blood pressure but you doctor would have evaluated you for that. You asked if it was normal to get them 5 to 6 times every minute. I am not a doctor but two and a half years ago I went through a very stressful time and I was getting them at about the same frequency as you for a couple of weeks. At that time I thought I had a serious heart problem because I didn't know how to cope with them. I eventually realised that I was otherwise fine and able to carry out many activities. So my answer to your question as to whether it is normal is I don't know but it happened to me and I'm still here and doing just fine. Try as best you can to ignore them or just let them pass. If they are troubling you too much or if you ever experience pain related to them, then return to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment